Harris County Bail Bonds
A bail bond is a written agreement entered into by the individual and his sponsors that will guarantee the appearance of the individual before the court or magistrate. However, that the individual and his sponsors upon execution of such bail bond shall deposit funds with the sheriff of the county, in which the prosecution is pending, in the amount of the bond.
While there are all kinds of charges and criminal cases, the most common are connected to alcohol-related crimes, of which we’ve broken down the costs and fines for you below:
BAIL BONDS FOR DUI & DWI
A DWI conviction requires a blood alcohol level of 0.08% or above, but any driver can be cited for “driving while impaired” by drugs or lower concentrations of alcohol. A DWI arrest and conviction in Texas can cost the accused up to $17,000 or more when you total everything from car towing, impoundment, bail, attorney fees, court costs, hearing and fees to regain and retain a driver’s license, DWI fine, probation costs, fees for extended proof of insurance, and insurance rate hikes. ABC Bail Bonds help individuals get released from jail as soon as possible, giving them more time to organize.
- Drivers and passengers can be fined up to $500 for having an open alcohol container in a vehicle.
- DWI first offense: Up to $2,000 fine, three to 180 days in jail upon conviction, loss of driver’s license up to two years, $1,000 annual surcharge for three years to retain driver’s license.
- DWI second offense: Up to $4,000 fine, five days to a year in jail upon conviction, loss of driver’s license up to two years, $1,500 annual surcharge for three years to retain driver’s license.
- DWI third offense: Up to a $10,000 fine, two to 10 years in prison upon conviction, 10 to 60 days in jail if
defendantreceives probation, loss of driver’s license up to two years, $2,000 annual surcharge for three years to retain driver’s license.
- DWI with a child passenger: Up to a $10,000 fine, up to two years in
a statejail, loss of driver’s license for up to two years; motorists can be charged with felony child endangerment if carrying passengers younger than 14 years old.
BAIL BONDS FOR PUBLIC INTOX
- Public intoxication in Texas is a Class C Misdemeanor and is punishable by a fine not to exceed $500 for the first two convictions.
- A third Public Intoxication conviction is a Class B Misdemeanor and carries a sentence of up to 180 days in jail and a fine up to $2,000.
ABC Bail Bonds of Houston has been working with countless criminal cases with hundreds of thousands of people; we know how hefty these bonds can be, and are here to provide bail for anyone, anytime. We approve all bonds by the local owner, and approval from an insurance company in California or the East Coast is not necessary. For more information, give us a call or visit our office and an agent will be more than happy to assist you.
BAIL BONDS FOR ASSAULT FAMILY VIOLENCE
In Texas, a domestic violence arrest will typically be written on domestic violence bail bonds as an “assault” and the charges can range from a Class C or A misdemeanor to a felony, a far more serious offense. The punishment range for a
It’s very important to ensure you hire a highly reputable bondsman with the skills and knowledge to represent and assist you well, and we at ABC Bail Bonds will do just that. Domestic violence charges are extremely serious and can end with serious outcomes and repercussions. You want a bondsman whom you trust and work
GET OUT FAST
If you or your someone you know requires an experienced, friendly, fast, reliable, full-service, bail bonding company, call ABC Bail Bonds at (713) 222-6222 or send us a quick message below