If you or someone you know are in need of a bail bond in Jersey Village, look no further than ABC Bail Bonds. As Houston’s oldest, most established bondsmen, we have the experience necessary to work with your legal needs. ABC Bail Bonds can bail you or a loved one out at any hour, at any place. Our network makes it easy to locate and get in touch with a licensed agent, and at your request, will even come pick you up discreetly. The crime rate in Deer Park is near average, however, compared to other communities of similar population size across the US, Deer Park has a crime rate that is noticeably lower than average. This means that for comparably sized cities all across America, Deer Park is actually safer than most. Below are the most common crimes in the city.
- Liquor violation
- Drug possession
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
When it comes to theft, penalties usually range as misdemeanors, except for severe cases in which violence or aggression is used. Below are the penalties for the most common types of theft in Deer Park:
- Class C misdemeanor theft: Theft is a class C misdemeanor if the value of the property or services stolen is less than $50. The punishment for a class C misdemeanor in Texas is a fine of no more than $500, and does not involve jail time.
- Class B misdemeanor theft: Theft is a class B misdemeanor if the value of the property or services stolen is $50 or more but less than $500, or if the property stolen is a driver’s license or other identification card. The punishment for a class B misdemeanor is jail up to 180 days and a fine up to $2,000.
- Class A misdemeanor theft: Theft is a class A misdemeanor if the value of the property or services stolen is $500 or more but less than $1,500. The punishment for a class A misdemeanor is jail time for up to one year, and a fine up to $4,000.
In Texas, liquor/alcohol violations are taken very seriously, whether it’s a DWI, an open container violation, or public intoxication charge.
- Open container violations: each count of an open container containing alcohol in a vehicle is a class C misdemeanor and are punishable by a fine of up to $500. However, this offense will act as an enhancer if it is also accompanied by a DWI charge, in which the open container offense is upgraded to a class B misdemeanor and will carry between 6 to 180 days in jail and a fine of up to $2,000.
- DWI first offense: this will be classified as a class B misdemeanor and are subject to a $2,000 fine, along with up to 180 days in jail and a 1 year driver’s license suspension. If your blood alcohol content is 0.15% or above, however, the crime will be charged with class A misdemeanor and you will be subject to a $4,000 fine and 1 year in county jail.
- DWI second offense: this is a class A misdemeanor and you will be subject to a $4,000 fine, 1 year in jail, and will lose your driver’s license for 2 years.
- DWI third offense: this is a third-degree felony and you will be subject to a $10,000 fine, will face up to 10 years in prison, and will lose your driver’s license for 2 years.
Penalties for drug possession in Texas will vary widely based on the type of drug, the quantity of such, how the drug was stored or concealed, whether there was additional paraphernalia or large amounts of money associated with it, or if there were previous convictions for the individual. The penalty for possession is at the very least a class B or class A misdemeanor, which includes up to 1 year in county jail and a fine up to $4,000, depending on the type of drug. Depending on the amount, the crime of possession can also range from a third-degree felony up to a first-degree felony. However, in Deer Park, most of these drug possession charges are related to marijuana, of which the penalties are as follows:
- Possession under 2 ounces: class B misdemeanor.
- Possession 2-4 ounces: class A misdemeanor.
- Possession 4 ounces to 5 lbs: state jail felony.
- Possession 5-50 lbs: third-degree felony.
- Possession 50-2,000 lbs: second-degree felony.
- Possession over 2,000 lbs: first-degree felony and a possibility of life in prison.
Let Us Help
Avoiding short-term or long-term imprisonment is only possible when you have experts ready to help on your side. We go above and beyond to make sure that our clients are completely satisfied with our bail bond services, and we can guarantee to meet your bail amount should you be charged with a crime in Deer Park, to get you out of jail as soon as possible. We can meet you at the jail to pick you up, and elsewhere after to discuss financial terms, at your convenience. ABC Bail Bonds is dedicated to restoring your peace of mind, and returning your life to its normal state.
WHY DO YOU NEED A BOND?
We’re all familiar with the term “bail,” and have either seen or read about various crimes where the culprit is released from jail via bail, or is arrested with a posted bond amount (which, depending on the nature of the crime, can be quite hefty). But what exactly is bail, and why are most defendants better off utilizing a bond? There are a plethora of reasons why, and many of them have to do with ensuring they keep their jobs, kids, homes, and loved ones.
Unfortunately, many individuals who are arrested and detained cannot afford bail–therefore they remain in jail, often resulting in lost jobs, homes, and even
We understand that bonds are usually large sums of money, which is not always readily available out of the defendant’s pocket; that is why we are ready to help pay what is needed in order for them to be released, so they can return to their lives–however, in order to utilize a bond, the defendant must show up to court and do what is legally expected of them. Once that has been
ABC Bail Bonds of Houston has been doing just this for hundreds of thousands of people since 1950, and should you or anyone you know land in a holding cell, seek for one of Houston’s oldest, most established bail bonds services–we are just one phone call away.
GET OUT FAST
If you or your someone you know requires an experienced, friendly, fast, reliable, full-service, bail bonding company, call ABC Bail Bonds at (713) 222-6222 or send us a quick message below
Call Us 24/7, 365 days per year
Call: (713) 222-6222
400 SAN JACINTO ST
HOUSTON, TEXAS 77002.